Broncos injury update: Courtland Sutton ‘not looking good’ for Sunday
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Wide receiver Courtland Sutton did not practice Wednesday and the signs for him playing Sunday against Kansas City are not positive.
“It’s not looking good this week for him,” Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett said.
Sutton injured his hamstring during the first half of last Sunday’s 10-9 loss at Baltimore. He was seen hopping and doing high-knee work in the Broncos’ bench area just after halftime, but did not return.
If Sutton does not play Sunday, he will become the 11th different Broncos player to miss at least one game with a hamstring injury.
- LB Dakota Allen (1 game missed)
- CB Essang Bassey (2 games missed)
- TE Andrew Beck (3 games missed)
- WR Tyrie Cleveland (3 games missed)
- Edge rusher Jonathon Cooper (4 games missed)
- TE Greg Dulcich (5 games missed)
- WR KJ Hamler (4 games missed)
- RG Quinn Meinerz (4 games missed)
- CB Darius Phillips (4 games missed)
- QB Russell Wilson (1 game missed)
That’s 10 players missing a combined 32 games so far this season. Hamler is on injured reserve, so his tally of games missed will continue rising.
Allen and Beck also joined Sutton in missing Wednesday’s practice. Neither Allen nor Beck played last Sunday in Baltimore.
“The hamstrings, they’re so finicky for each individual guy,” Hackett said. I would expect for us to be safe with that one because we don’t want to have a setback or anything like that.
Also not practicing Wednesday due to injury or illness were:
- OL Tom Compton (illness)
- LG Dalton Risner (shoulder and back)
- K Brandon McManus (quadriceps in kicking leg)
Hackett did not appear too worried about whether McManus would be available for Sunday.
“There’s not a super high level of concern. We just want to be sure we protect him,” Hackett said.
Safety Kareem Jackson also did not practice because “he’s getting older, so we want to protect him,” Hackett said.
Seeing limited work Wednesday were:
- LS Jacob Bobenmoyer (wrist)
- Edge rusher Baron Browning (elbow)
- DL Jonathan Harris (knee)
- WR Jerry Jeudy (ankle)
- Slot CB K’Waun Williams (wrist/elbow/knee)